tinman

Well Known Member
Do we have any reports out there (good/bad) on the upper intersection fairings from Aero Strategies? I was looking at their clever installation tabs which allow the gear leg fairing to push/ hold the intersection fairing into position and wondered how well it worked in the real world and how difficult they were to install correctly.

intersection fairings

I don't know about the uppers, but I used their lowers and loved them, they fit very nicely.

no tabs

I saw a set of the uppers (-8) and there are no tabs, even tho it looked like a good idea. They haven't been installed yet, but look like they will work and are of good quality

Hwood

I used their fairings and I liked the upper ones OK, but had to add to them to cover the holes made to install the gear legs on my RV8. No tabs.
I did not like the lower ones at all. Ended up cutting them off and making new pieces to mate to the gear leg fairing. Maybe it was just me, but I think it's just as easy to make your own and get a perfect fit rather than try to make someone elses fit right.
If you are ok with an average fit, then they are the thing for you.
My opinion only.