Plummit

Well Known Member
My Aero Composite prop is starting to sling grease (again) after doing really well since the last overhaul. I called American Propeller service to make arrangements to have it re-sealed and was told that they no longer work on AC props due to liability issues. Anyone know of a source that can re-seal a prop?

-Marc

Aero Composite Prop

Try Tiffin Air, they worked on my AC prop several years ago and did a good job. They are located in Tiffin Ohio.
Val K.

Santa Monica Propeller

I just found out that Santa Monica propeller will work on Aero Composite props. I'm pretty sure that when I called them in 2018 they told me "No Experimentals". They won't issue an 8130 but that's fine with me. At least we have another way to go for these props.

-Marc

I just found out that Santa Monica propeller will work on Aero Composite props. I'm pretty sure that when I called them in 2018 they told me "No Experimentals". They won't issue an 8130 but that's fine with me. At least we have another way to go for these props.

I am having the same issue with my AC prop and American told me the exact same thing. Good to know Santa Monica Propeller will service them; however, when I try their website, it says the domain is not connected to a website? What business, in this day and age, does not maintain a website? I've got a new Whirlwind 330 series 3-blade sitting ready for install and waiting for a spinner but I thought it would be a good idea to reseal my AC prop to either sell or throw on another project.

I'll call them tomorrow.

By all means give them a call. I found the same thing with regards to their website. It doesn't bother me too much as I didn't have a web site when I ran a business as a Plumbing Contractor. Couldn't plumb with bits and bites....

You may want to check around your local area to see if there might be a small prop shop closer. Ask local A&P's who they recommend.

-Marc