Wesael

Well Known Member
Have any of you had success in hacking into the supplied wire on the Aera 560 for data/audio/charging?

The manual shows a diagram for the optional "bare wire" connector but I thought I would chop into the one supplied before discarding it. The problem is that the colors do not match the diagram.

the manual for the bare wire connector shows. yellow and blue for data, red and black for power, and there is a shielded pack for the xm connection, and white brown and green for audio.

the one that I dissected has the xm pack, red black power, and then a purple, yellow, brown, orange.

any ideas? even if the wires are colored differently i am short 1 wire.

Garmin is famous for making their other cables different from the bare wire ones. I did this once for a 296 thinking I could get to the audio wires but when I cut it open, there were no wires. Ended up buying the correct cable and splicing the one I cut back together. It is like they go thru great effort to make you buy their bare wire cable.

Have any of you had success in hacking into the supplied wire on the Aera 560 for data/audio/charging?

The manual shows a diagram for the optional "bare wire" connector but I thought I would chop into the one supplied before discarding it. The problem is that the colors do not match the diagram.

the manual for the bare wire connector shows. yellow and blue for data, red and black for power, and there is a shielded pack for the xm connection, and white brown and green for audio.

the one that I dissected has the xm pack, red black power, and then a purple, yellow, brown, orange.

any ideas? even if the wires are colored differently i am short 1 wire.

Update

I have tested the wires that I have here and am able to get audio from the purple to ground and brown to ground so that leaves me with a yellow and orange.

I wish I had a way to test these for data output but I don't have anything to test with and I hate to do all the work of wiring the panel and find out latter that I have to change the entire harness back out....