PaulR

Well Known Member
I just got back from transition training with Jan Bussell last nite and on the way back, my Aera sort of quit. I called Garmin support first thing this morning and a recording told me the wait time would be over 35 minutes. I can't stay on the phone that long so I thought I would ask if anyone here had any experience with it.

It started with crackling over the speaker. All of this in the automotive mode and plugged into the power outlet in my pickup. I muted the sound and it still crackled. I tried to go back to the sounds page and the screen locked up. I unplugged the power and that didn't help so I removed and reinstalled the battery. It took a while but it came back on. I never did get it working correctly last nite.

This morning I though I'd hook it up to myGarmin and see if there were any updates but the site never recognized it. I just plugged it into a wall outlet and turned it on and now there is the proper driving directions over the speaker which never did work on the trip to see Jan.

Is it possible that the battery is bad and causing all this?

Is there a better way to get in touch with Garmin than waiting on the phone for so long?

I really don't want to buy a new GPS since I built my panel around this one and it's been used VERY little in the 3 years or so I've had it. Never been in an airplane flying yet.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hello Paul,

We will do our best to get you going again. We sent a PM.

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Aera troubles

Hi'
Fellows, this is why I choose to do business with companies like Garmin, Dynon, Vetterman, E-mag and others. Unparalleled customer support like this creates a lifetime of customer loyalty. When the company offers service support even before they have been notified there is a problem is exactly the reason I choose these companies to do business with. Paul please keep us updated on the outcome of your issues with your Aera, many are here would like to know.