Walt Shipley

I have taxiied my 12 several times now and have gradually worked the number of squawks down to two: Sometimes when I taxi, I get a "High
Fuel Pressure" warning and since my first engine start, I've had a warning
of low EGT on the left side.

I'm more concerned with the fuel pressure warning, but really don't know where to start looking. Any suggestions? Also, my thinking on the EGT warning is that it's more of a nuisance than a problem that would be critical to flight.

With the Fuel Pressure issue, I get an indication of 57psi, which is just slightly into the red. With the EGT, I'm seeing normal readings in the green on the right side, while the left is approximately half the temp on the right.

Any suggestions will be appreciated......

Walt Shipley

Hey Walt - -

Wire connection problems are not uncommon. EGT, try switching leads from left to right and see what happens. I re-did mine 2 times I think since the built. Best now they have ever been. Simpler would be to just disconnect, and reconnect the side giving a problem, and see if any change. Maybe re-crimp the one in question. Might even do that with the fuel pressure sender connections. Are they tight ?

John Bender

Which fuel pressure sender do you have? If it is the old style, I would not be surprised if it has failed. The only time I have seen high fuel pressure was when the unit failed.

Which fuel pump does your engine have?
Some of the early new style pumps had an excessive pressure output. This is most common at low engine speed when the fuel flow is rather low.
If you have the new style pump, you might want to look into getting it exchanged.

Did you do your programing!

How about the K-Factor number! Did you enter that correctly?:confused:

HIGH FUEL PRESSURE

I had a problem with high pressure reading on my initial flights. Turned out to be a wiring connections at the pressure sending unit.
I replaced the blade connections by unscrewing them from the sending unit and installing ring connectors. Did the trick. No more warnings.

Gary