szicree

Well Known Member
Anybody have a method for setting the last one or two rivets in the flap end ribs? I think the manual says to go with CS4 pulled rivets, but it sure would be cool to avoid it. Thanks.

How about back-riveting it using a rivet gun to hit a chisle mid-span, with the tip on the rivet, and the butt-end blocked up a little to get the angles right.

Or a thin-nosed no-hole pneumatic sqeezer yoke (ClearAirTools)

2.5%20Thin%20Nose.jpg

Just a couple thoughts... not expert advice.

-Jim

I was able to get my angled BB in for the out board rib tip rivets but I had a problem with the inboard tips because there in about 4"'s fron the edge of the skin so I used blind on those. I hope they get covered with the wing root fairing but no big deal if they don't. At work we have this metalic EMI blocking filler that cures VERY hard. I plan to do some testing to see how they fill the blind rivet head holes one day.

szicree said:
Anybody have a method for setting the last one or two rivets in the flap end ribs? I think the manual says to go with CS4 pulled rivets, but it sure would be cool to avoid it. Thanks.
I used a modified Vice Grip tool as a squeezer for some of those (25 years ago). Smoothed off the faces of the jaws and ground the back side of one jaw to fit the application. If you try this, practice first. I found it worked best to squeeze the rivets with several passes rather than all at once.

Good Luck!