LanceRV4

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a completed RV-4 empenage kit and a wing kit that appears to be 70% completed.

The kit was auctioned off from a storage unit that was in default and I have no idea who the original builder was. Also, All I received was the tail, wing and set of large plans.

Can anyone tell me what they recieved with their kits? Did all the hardware come with the kits? Did you recieve plans to build the jigs or are they available online? Was there a materials sheet or any other documents?

I sent a copy of my bill of sale to Van's but their e-mail back to me was they could not trace the original owner back with just the serial number on the plans.

Although I have worked as a aircraft mech for 12 years I'm not sure if I'm going to build this (due to time and space not to mention money) or offer it for sale. Anyone want to give me a possible value on what I have?

Thanks,

Lance Arnett
(303) 549-4289

Lance,
All hardware should have been included to build the tail and wings. The jigs are all made by hand from materials you purchase at the lumber store. Vans should be able to provide you with an inventory invoice to figure out what you have and dont have. If you look on the Vans aircraft web site you will be able to find the current prices for wings and tail kits. The value of yours will depend on the quality of build, condition and how much of your kit is complete extras, etc.
Ryan

Thanks 131RB,

This kit came from the Denver area, any chance you know who the builder might be? My guess was they were working on it at the Front Range Airport or in Boulder.

Thanks 131RB,

This kit came from the Denver area, any chance you know who the builder might be? My guess was they were working on it at the Front Range Airport or in Boulder.

Its possible. I would have to have a name though. I dont know of anyone off hand who gave one up with out selling it. The plans serial number might give a general idea of the time frame it came out.
Ryan

Getting an abandoned project up to speed

I was in a similar situation with the emmpanage kit I purchased used with very little historical information:eek:.

I spoke to Scott Risen at Vans and he issued me a new builder number and sold me a set of updated plans for a very resonable price. Give him a call during Tech Support hours and he should be able to take care of you.:cool:

Doug M
NW Ontario, Canada