Jekyll

Well Known Member
Looking for some advice on the order of several build tasks. I'm to the point of needing to make my ignition harnesses for E-mags. Should I build and install the baffeling before I make the harnesses or vice versa? My engine is on the mount but not on the F/W; all accessories are installed except for the exhaust and fuel injector.

My first thoughts was that it might be better to do the baffles first and then run the wires where they best fit was but then I thought that if I had mags, the harnesses would already be made and installed so...

I haven't opened up the baffle kit yet so my anbswer may be in there. :)

7A, TMX-IO-360, e-mag and p-mag with aircraft plugs.

Jekyll

Baffles first

You really need to make the baffles first, including the airseal fabric. Once all that is done, you will know where to drill the holes to run the wires. That and you will want the wires longer than you think so you can clamp them to your engine mount.

It won't be there!

Jekyll said:
Looking for some advice on the order of several build tasks. I'm to the point of needing to make my ignition harnesses for E-mags. Should I build and install the baffeling before I make the harnesses or vice versa? My engine is on the mount but not on the F/W; all accessories are installed except for the exhaust and fuel injector.

My first thoughts was that it might be better to do the baffles first and then run the wires where they best fit was but then I thought that if I had mags, the harnesses would already be made and installed so...

I haven't opened up the baffle kit yet so my anbswer may be in there. :)

7A, TMX-IO-360, e-mag and p-mag with aircraft plugs.

Jekyll
Van stopped shipping the anbswers with the baffle kit in 1997.

But, I agree, do the baffle kit first. Think about what will be in the way the most. And work in the direction of HOW CAN I GET TO THIS TO MAINTAIN IT LATER..... :eek:

ps. Lightspeed and mag.... proven..... proven....... proven

Last edited:
Well, I just inventoried the baffle kit. The directions are as follows:

Step 1: inventory, same as all kits.
Step 2: Ensure the engine is hung in its final location and the lower cowling is installed in it's final location.

I had to put it back on the shelf for now. I won't get to the cowling until late August or September after my honeymoon. Luckily, she loves RV's!

Jekyll

PS: I didn't find any "anbswers" in the baffle kit. :p

That's good!

Jekyll said:
Well, I just inventoried the baffle kit. The directions are as follows:

Step 1: inventory, same as all kits.
Step 2: Ensure the engine is hung in its final location and the lower cowling is installed in it's final location.Jekyll

PS: I didn't find any "anbswers" in the baffle kit. :p

That's good, cause Van doesn't give instructions on how to use them.

Love a gal that loves RV'S :p