attackpilot

Hello All:

I have always kept my miltary flight time separate from my civilian flight time. The military automatically tracks it and I haven't flown enough civilian to matter.

Anyway, I am getting back into civilian flying and would like to know an acceptable way to enter a military proficiency review into my logbook so I don't have to take a BFR (which is allowed IAW FAR 61.56). Our military instructor pilots do not have certificate numbers, so I am not sure what to have them enter.

Thanks for the help.

Joe Hutchison

Hi Joe,
I don't think a logbook endorsement is necessary. Just have your military logs available to show when you had your military proficiency review. There is an advisory circular, 61.65c, that gives sample endorsements for flight instructors, and there were none listed for the military competency endorsement.

Are you still building a -10?

Best regards,

The last reply is correct. I flew in the USAF, and during that entire time, no one ever questioned me on a BFR, now called a "flight Review". All I had to tell the insurance companies was that I was an military pilot. They never asked for substantiation. If someone ever did, get a copy of your last check ride. Dan.