FlyingArcher

Well Known Member
I'll soon start overhauling my old O-320-E2A engine and I'd like to know if some kind of fasteners kit is available in order to replace most if not all screws, nuts, bolts or studs.
I've easily found a gasket kit (Lyc P/N 69371-1) but am unable to find such thing as a fastener replacement kit.
What is the usual practice? Keep old fasteners, replace as needed on a case by case basis?
Any help or link to providers appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
I cleaned them up and reused most of the bolts.

Rod cap bolts/nuts are throw-aways for a OH.

As well as the nut on the rear of the crank.

Most case bolts and accessory housing bolts are std thread and widely available at ACE aircraft supply.

Hi Gil,

Thank you for this link. Now another dumb question, is this ECI kit fully compatible with a genuine Lycoming engine, or should I expect some variations because of ECI's own parts specs?

Almost every, if not every, ECi part is PMA'ed, thus they are an exact replacement for the matching Lycoming part.

When you put together an ECi engine, you use the Lycoming OH manual.

HARDWARE KIT

AE 116-1 is $178.68 from dartaircraft.com. AERO does not list it, they are no longer stocking ECI parts.

HARDWARE KIT

AE 116-1 This is really a good deal. Just the 34 nuts for the cylinder flanges come to $109.98

hardware

I took another look at the ECI hardware kit inventory list and unless there is an additional list, there is a lot of hardware that is not included. i would recommend calling one of the ECI dealers to confirm exactly what is included.

Just a FYI, the AEL 116-1 does not include the cylinder hold down nuts.
part numbers AEL383-B 16each (Lyc. #383-B) and AEL-STD2090 18 each
(Lyc. #STD-2090) These are included in their engine kit.