Jgibson

Guys;

Have the 'old' style individual nose wheel pant brackets on my 6A. Axle slides through each pant bracket on either side. Has anyone 'pinned' those brackets to the wheel fork with either a screw, or possibly epoxied them (T-88) to the fork? Would be easy to drill and tap a 4-40 hole through the bracket and into the fork, but not too sure about that one inch from the axle hole. Wouldn't want to create a possible crack source in that new fork. Any advice? It's just a pain to have those brackets move every time a wheel is removed. Just finished installing new fork, new gear leg, Anti-Splat brace and 'Skid Lid' along with Allen's bearing mod and balancing on the wheel and tire assembly. As always, all of Anti-Splat's products installed as advertised with no surprises and those new wheel bearings REALLY are smooth and roll with quite a bit less resistence when moving the plane. IMHO very worthwhile mod if for no other reason than no more PIA greasing those wheel bearings.

Last edited:
Just went thru the same problem a few weeks ago. Found that Van's has an improved one piece design that is self aligning. It will take me a day to find the part number or give Van's a call. The new brackets simplify life.

Good luck, Starbird

One Piece Bracket

Just went thru the same problem a few weeks ago. Van's has an improved one piece design that solves the problem. Will take ma a day or so to find the part number or give Van's a call.

Starbird

Looked At The New Brackets

When I ordered these new brackets, I looked at the newer style one-piece units however it appeared as if I would have to re-drill new holes and glass up the old. Just not set up down here in the Land of The Living Dead for that kind of work yet (or if ever if a hangar doesn't materialize soon). So I bought a new set of 'old' brackets. The simple solution would be to either epoxy them to the fork or drill and tap a 4-40 hole in the fork to pin them in place.