TINBENDER

I'm New Here
I am building an RV-7 for an inspector at work starting March this year. Looking for ideas or suggestions for stands and jigs for the fuselage fab. Thank you for your time and thoughts!

Philip:D

Phillip, welcome to VAF:D

Thank you Mike. Glad to be here. I have loved airplanes since I was a little boy. Looking forward to this build very much. Gods will maybe this could turn into a wonderful business for my sons and I. They are still little, but it would be wonderful!

glad you're here Philip. You know if you want to make a million in General Aviation you need to start off with two million. :eek:

Hint Hint... I hope you and your inspector friend work hard together and build a fine product. :)

glad you're here Philip. You know if you want to make a million in General Aviation you need to start off with two million. :eek:

Hint Hint... I hope you and your inspector friend work hard together and build a fine product. :)

Thank you Mr. Reiley.....Glad to be here. Quality is my number priority. My father always taught me, Do it right and give it 100 percent always!

Gods will maybe this could turn into a wonderful business for my sons and I. They are still little, but it would be wonderful!
Not sure if I misunderstand your post but be forewarned that it is not legal to build an RV-7 for another builder for compensation. You can help them with guidance but that's about it. Be sure you are aware of what is involved in getting an "amateur" built aircraft certificated lest you build one only to find out it's not possible to get it certificated.

Not sure if I misunderstand your post but be forewarned that it is not legal to build an RV-7 for another builder for compensation. You can help them with guidance but that's about it. Be sure you are aware of what is involved in getting an "amateur" built aircraft certificated lest you build one only to find out it's not possible to get it certificated.

The RV I am building is not for compensation. I am a Structures Technician in St.Louis and am building this A/C for a buddy of mine who happens to be an inspector with the same company. My comment about this becoming a business for my sons and I was a thought. I have been working on A/C for 18 years now and would love to venture out on my own.

You can always start your own builders assist program like others have done.

That's not illegal.

Have fun :)

You can always start your own builders assist program like others have done.

That's not illegal.

Have fun :)
Thank you Mr. Mooney! Excellent point.....First I have to build some quality products to get my name out there. Thank you again!:D

Philip, I don't think you need to be bumping this to the top on a daily basis. People will find it whether it's on the first line or the second page of new items when they come in to read.

Jigs and stands...

Hello and welcome to VAF.

I may have misread but it sounds like you're asking about jigs and stands. I don't think the 7 requires a fuselage jig (as the 8 does not.) The fuselage is 'matched hole' meaning that if you get the holes in the parts aligned correctly then the structure will be true. If you're going with the 'slow-build' option (vs the quickbuild where wings and fuse are practically assembled) then you'll have plenty of time before you need to worry about fuse stands.

Stan