flickroll

Well Known Member
For those who have Advanced products operating in their airplanes, what has been your experience with the XM weather feature? How would you compare it to XM weather on a Garmin x96? I have a G696 and it is excellent....just wondering if I can expect the same quality from Advanced's system. Thanks

I've been using the XM weather on my AFS for over a year now and I love it. I've never used a 496 though so I can't give you an apples to apples comparison. I just subscribe to the lowest level. $32.31/month on my credit card

Speed - It takes about 5 min to get the first info usually and there is an update about every 4-5 min in flight. I think this is similar to any XM system as far as I know.

What you get
- radar overlay on moving map
- Metars when you pull up airport info
- flags indicating VFR/IFR conditions on the airport circles on the moving map
- TFR Overlays on the moving map

Great stuff, but I think XM charges too much. I like the idea of free ADS-B, but it wasn't really an option when I installed the XM. The NavWorx box seems like a great option on the East coast at least, but I don't have any first hand experience with this system yet.

Greg
RV-7A

Jim, if you have an AFS and the mapping s/w, all you need is the wxworx receiver with the ethernet interface directly from wxworx. Saves about $150...