Lemos

Does anyone have an Advanced Flight Systems panel that I can see somewhere in Southern California?

I am looking at an airplane with that panel and I would like to see it in person before traveling halfway across the country to view the potential aircraft I may buy.

Any feedback on the panel would be good too. Reliable? Easy to use? Any problems?

Al-

You're welcome to connect with me to see my RV-9A with an AFS panel. Based in Fallbrook, but get around to various airports in the area..

Josh

Attachments

• IMG_9115.jpg
    IMG_9115.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 164
I'm at Whiteman with 2 10" touchscreens and AFS Pilot autopilot in my 6. I love this panel. I'm pretty sure you'd be happy with any EFIS system, and I like that the AFS has a lot of buttons and knobs and very shallow menus. It's intuitive to use. Charts are relatively cheap at $100/year and you don't have to buy them if you don't need them. I use the map data which is free updates from AFS 95% or more of the time. The only downside to EFIS that I can see is that there is so much info that you have to make a point of prying your eyes away and look outside.

Ed Holyoke