N402RH

Well Known Member
Oshkosh%2525202011%2525204.jpg

Here is a picture from the booth of our new Aerosport Products RV-10 panel.

Pilot and Copilot AF-5600 screens and a center mounted AF-5500 screen.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Looks great Rob. I look forward stopping by and seeing what you new stuff you have been working on.

panel gasm!

I just violated my computer screen when I opened this Rob! That looks amazing. Stark is making my harness for the Garmin and PS Eng center stack stuff. Can't wait to get it all talking to your new EFIS...

What is your current lead time for the 5600?

Sweet!

I had not seen the panel until it arrived by RV-10 on Saturday with Geoff Combs and I am still amazed at what an amazing job Geoff did. Geoff's Aerosport Products panels are a work of art! As soon as I get home from Oshkosh I will be installing it in the RV-10.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

That is one sweet panel! What do you have to do to the center panel support in order to install this bad boy?

More info on AF-5500?

Didn't make it to OSH this year... I wish I could.

Rob-

What's the scoop on the 5500? This is the first I've seen or heard of it. Is it identical in functionality to the 5600, just with a smaller display?

Details please. Specifications, pricing, availability?

Looks great!

-Roee

From talking to Rob at OSH, the 5500 is the same unit as the 5600, just a smaller screen.

It even has the same resolution, so in person, it looks a bit sharper than the 5600.

One thing I should point out.

The day Oshkosh closed, Rob Hickman -- and I think his son -- were in my hangar at KSGS, diagnosing a problem my hangarlord was having with the RPM readings of his three (3!) AFS units installed in his Rans.

I believe they dropped down (on a stifling hot day) on their way home.

That's pretty darned good customer service.

(I think the problem was a unit was installed in the firewall forward section and was picking up EM. )

I had not seen the panel until it arrived by RV-10 on Saturday with Geoff Combs and I am still amazed at what an amazing job Geoff did. Geoff's Aerosport Products panels are a work of art! As soon as I get home from Oshkosh I will be installing it in the RV-10.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

Aerosport Products are amazing. The panel is in sections so if you update something or change something you simple redo that section. This is an obvious advantage, but one that needs to be pointed out.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

Well Rob... Hows it going with the install? :D

Do you have some more photos to tide us over?

Shannon

One thing I should point out.

The day Oshkosh closed, Rob Hickman -- and I think his son -- were in my hangar at KSGS, diagnosing a problem my hangarlord was having with the RPM readings of his three (3!) AFS units installed in his Rans.

I believe they dropped down (on a stifling hot day) on their way home.

That's pretty darned good customer service.

(I think the problem was a unit was installed in the firewall forward section and was picking up EM. )

I had an issue with my install. Turns out it was my 430W, com port dead. Anyway, I sent Rob an email and he sent me his cell number. I pulled the plane out of the hangar and was sitting there in the dark while Rob helped me troubleshoot the thing. ON A SATURDAY NIGHT (well, 6 pm pacific, 8 pm central). He was coming to Birmingham the next week and offered to stop in while he was in the state.

Customer service DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER.

Now, if I could just get a free upgrade AFS3500->4500. JK.

Love AFS

I'm installing two 5500's in my new 7. Many months ago I was reviewing the features of the 5600 and loved them. However, I will be using a modular panel and wanted two screens and the 5600 was too big. Plus, for me, the big screens make me feel like I'm sitting the front row at the theater.

Anyway, I mentioned to Rob that it would be great to have the 5600 features in a smaller screen. I don't know if it was this type of input or if they had it planned but I was cued to wait till Oshkosh, wink wink. Sure enough.

Bottom line, Rob and AFS are extremely responsive to our needs and desires. Plus they are RV people. Got my business!!!

Should be really sexy with the new GTN650!!!