gvgoff99

Well Known Member
I have a friend that is completing an RV-8 and at OSH last year he ordered an Advanced Flight EFIS. He did not put any urgency in getting it last year but has put more emphasis on the need to have it delivered since March or so this year. It still has not arrived in spite of several promises from Advanced that it would be delivered soon. The RV-8 is going to the paint shop.

When at OSH this year I noticed that Advanced had their EFIS demo models at a lot of vendors tables.

It seems that there is some delay with their ability to get a component delivered to complete the manufacture of the EFIS. What's up with that?

Has anyone else had this problem with the delivery of the Advanced systems EFIS? Do they have a FIRM date for sustainable deliveries?

What I heard from Stein

Ordered a slave screen MFD for my Af3500around the end of June..was expecting delivery around Oshkosh time..Was told by Stein's staff that it would be another 8-12 weeks, as AFS is "testing" a new chip or processor..and they don't want to send any to the field before it has been properly tested/evaluated.....don't know if that is the case for all models...but that is the story I got about the MFD.

Hi George,
My AF-3500EE (based on current h/w spec) shipped as promised. I received it back in June, together with the servos for my AF PILOT AutoPilot. I received the AF PILOT AP controller head yesterday, again as per the promised delivery schedule.

On receipt of the AF-3500EE I decided to place an order for an AF-3500MFD. AFS have now switched all their EFIS/EMS to the new h/w spec, i.e. not just the AF-4500's. I have been told there is a little bit of a backlog fulfilling all the AF-4500 backorders but even so, I've been promised shipping for my MFD for around September/October time.

Hang in there. It's worth it.

Note for others interested in the AF PILOT AP - you need the ARINC box if you want the EFIS bugs to be able to command the AP. This is true even if (as in my setup) you do not have Garmin 430/530 ARINC-type devices in your panel.

Regards,
Steve Hutt
RV-7 (building panel and FWF)
West Sussex
UK