RNB

Well Known Member
Patron
An experimental shop told me they have seen problems with the advanced control modules, prefers to hand wire. Any truth or experience with this?
The ACM seems like a great product.

An experimental shop told me they have seen problems with the advanced control modules, prefers to hand wire. Any truth or experience with this?
I have never heard of any issues or seen problems with any that I have installed.
Might this be a case of a shop that would prefer to maximize billable labor on jobs they quote?

If the ACM has problems, the AFS crew has pulled off the miracle of all miracles - keeping all negative stories about it off of the internet. I've been watching them for years as I've geared up for my build and have yet to hear of any real issues with it. I'll be ordering mine in the next few weeks. A major selling point for me is the ease of installation and future panel modification. That's probably not a big selling point for an avionics shop...

Find a different shop. Rob and his team are the real deal and highly respected. If there were issues with their product, they would address them.