prkaye

Well Known Member
Can someone recommend a good adjustable set holder for the pneumatic squeezer, that they have had good success with (i.e. a particular brand or supplier)?
I was told by my tool supplier that some people have had trouble with them binding up.

Proper installation cures most problems

I use the Avery adjustable set. If you are sloppy when putting the yoke on the squeezer, then it could bind. I've had it get tight before, but I just take the yoke off, re-align everything and put it back on. Simple as that, problem is fixed!!!

Also, the pneumatic squeezer should NEVER be oiled with air tool oil, and if you use a misting type in-line lubricator, you should use a different hose for the squeezer. Air tool oil will damage the seals in the squeezer.

Grease the squeezer occassionally with the grease it came with and you should have no problems.

The adjustable set has a "D" shaped part that fits into the squeezer body. This is the part you must carefully align.

...and it depends on what type of squeezer you have. I have an old CP, a 'real' one not a clone. Avery's current set holder didn't fit at all. Bob Avery hunted through some boxes and got me an older style holder, which worked just fine.

I suspect that Cleaveland and Brown set holders wouldn't have worked with my squeezer either.

Adjustable set holder

I bought my pneumatic squeeze from Brown and got their adjustable set holder when I ordered. I couldn't tell you if it would fit your squeeze or not. If you can't find an adjustable set holder you can get a shim set for the rivet sets.