jlk

Has anyone found an existing system or made one of their own? My wife and I are vertically challenged and cushions do not satisfy the discrepancy between our leg lengths and my friends (wife is 4'11" friend is 6'2").

I just got back from Oshkosh and did not see one that would be a "drop in" solution. I liked the one in the Piper light sport but the pedals are mounted on the floor and the cables drive from the center. I think both of these problems are able to be overcome, if I can buy the hardware from Piper or direct from the Czech company. There also is nice looking hardware made aftermarket for the Lancair, but it is a four cable system that I cannot see any way to make work. Link to their site:

http://www.starflight.aero/legacy/rudderpedals.html

Jordan

Thanks Greg, very clever design. I may end up there, but I am trying to do something more adjustable and permanent. You certainly can't beat the cost of your solution. I am sure mine will end up 100 times as much, if I can make it happen.

Someone (maybe it will be me) needs to puzzle this out. I talked to Van's at Oshkosh and told them they should make a system as an option. I think they could make money selling it to their customers.

Jordan

Thanks Andrienne. I was aware of those and they look very nice. I still am looking into a fully adjustable solution. I have made inquiries into the system in the new Piper Light sport. Their system works very nicely and I think I can adapt it to the 7. So far the Piper repair facility I have talked to has no drawings or parts list for the plane. The Czech company did not respond to my email.

Jordan