boom3

Well Known Member
Has anyone received ?in writing? direction from Van?s for additional wiring conduit locations through the rear spar? In addition to the tunnel routes, I would like to add one conduit underneath the riveted rear seating and baggage floors through past the baggage bulkhead. (I haven?t riveted the floors yet)
I?ve read most of the posts relating to this, but haven?t seen anything official from Van?s. I emailed them a couple weeks ago, but am sure they haven?t replied due to everyone going to SNF.
I?m probably being a wuss on this, but just don?t want to do something I wish I hadn?t at this point.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jeff, I have EXACTLY the same question for Van's and Van's forum.

I'd like to put under the baggage floor:
- one conduit for strobe cable;
- one for VOR1 and COM1 coax..

I think I will then use the existing hole in the baggage bulkead (where the tunnel route ends; right at the center of the fuselahe) for routing smaller cables as:
- trim cable;
- tail position light.

I think making such two holes in the baggage bulkhead makes no difference in structural integrity, but I'm not an engineer so I would like some clear advice form Van's.

I will write a question to Van's as soon as possible. Please, make me know if you get an answer to your.

Camillo

Here is what I did - there was slight interference with the crotch strap installation, but otherwise it seemed to work out great. I drilled the holes in the . 032 spar web, centered above the 1/8" spar. I would find it unlikely that this will cause the wings to fall off, but will of course let everyone know if that iends up being the case... ;)

DSC04137_Resized.JPG

Before I punched that many extra holes in a spar, I would make sure Vans was OK with it.

I did get ahold of Van's this morning. They pretty much said they don't have engineering data for such a thing but didn't think it would be a problem providing you don't drill the rear spar bar itself.

That's good enough for me as I was only planning on adding one additional conduit. I guess on this particular question it is up to the individual builder.

Thanks everyone!