My RV-7A is equipped with the G3X Touch system including two GDU460 (PFD and MFD) and the GDX375 Navigator. I currently have the US IFR Database Bundle subscription installed on the GDU460’s and US Navigation Data subscription installed on the GDX375.

I am contemplating an occasional trip into Canada from my home in Washington State. My question is what would be the most cost effective way to add coverage to Canada to my system for a one-time usage. Specifically, on the GDX375, can I add the single update Canada Navigation Data and still operate in the US, or do I have to install the North America Navigation Data single update to cover both regions?

Similarly, on the GDU460’s, can I add the Canada database (either single update or subscription) and still operate with my current databases, or do I have to install the North American versions to permit simultaneous operation in both regions.

Basically, I need to know if I can ADD the Canadian databases to my installed US databases, or if I have to REPLACE the US databases with the North American databases which would have both US and Canada.

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me. I’ve searched the manuals to no avail.