akschu

Well Known Member
Patron
Forum,

I'm building a bearhawk and will be adding a 5th seat in the baggage area for my daughter. I already bought a GMA-240 so I would like to stick with it, but it only has a 4 place intercom. I know I can split the speakers again without too much trouble, but I don't know if I can mix in another mic input.

Anyway know of a simple mixer I can buy to get an extra channel out of this thing?

What about plugging a 2 place portable intercom into one of the passenger channels on the 240, I figure that would work, but I would rather have it integrated.

Thanks,
schu

parallel the mic

You can parallel the mic line, especially if the 5th position is used only occasionally. There will be a slight distortion on the paralleled mics, but nothing to make it unpleasant. You can try it on the bench and see what you think. Although I have never installed a GMA 240, we install GMA 340's, 347's, and PMA 7000b, 8000B like that on helicopters all the time. YMMV.

If you are set on mixing the mics, I think a gentleman here Vern I think? sells a small mixer that might do the trick, but I have never used on of those. PS-Engineering also sells a mixer called the PA-50 that would do it.

Hope this info helps.