GuppyBob

Question...I just finished bending the tabs on the left elevator skin which will be just outboard of the trim tab....look good...but NOT great! Anyone out there ever remove the tabs, insert a small rib and then use foam/glass to make a flush surface? (I've seen some do this on the HS tips) Any help/ advice or ideas on what type of epoxy/glass combination to seal that part of the elevator skin next to the trim tab would be appreciated....or do you just go with the bent tabs and "keep on buckin?"

Thanks John

JohnR...Thanks for the link to see the elevator rib...looks pretty good...probably how I will go...I appreciate the help! :)

GuppyBob,

I did the same thing, tried the bend, didn;t like it and made a rib. If I were to do it over, I would have cut off the tabs in the beginning and gone with a rib from the beginning. Van's should change this.

I looked at the elevator on my 9 and it doesn't have tabs that bend over. The stiffeners are riveted on right at the edge which pretty much fills the area in without adding a rib. I like the look of the mini rib better than the way mine is built but you really can't see it so I guess it's OK except it looks like a good place for dirt daubers to get in. Yeah I know only in Arkansas! ;)