tonybrixi

I'm New Here
Some loops and rolls and I sometimes get sick. (Please, don't laugh too loud, you have being there at some point :p) But the problem is so does my ADAHRS!

Back on the ground and I eventually get back on my feet. What about the ADAHRS? Does it can cause any permanent damage? Can I still trust it for IFR? :confused:

Currently, I'm running a G3X on a Rv-7 and about to instal an Aspen PFD, one to be a backup to each other. Already bought it any way. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Tony

Last edited:
they use solid state sensors that have no moving parts. there is no harm done to them when doing aerobatics. the efis may do funny things if the software or the sensor cannot handle the rate of change of information but this will cause no harm to the electronics. I'm sure the good folks at dynon will jump in with more technical info on this.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Bob,
Tony has Garmin and Aspen equipment in his plane so I'm not sure we have much to say.

they use solid state sensors that have no moving parts. there is no harm done to them when doing aerobatics. the efis may do funny things if the software or the sensor cannot handle the rate of change of information but this will cause no harm to the electronics. I'm sure the good folks at dynon will jump in with more technical info on this.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Thanks Bob!
I think the same way, but thinking sometimes is not enought, right?

Some loops and rolls and I sometimes get sick. (Please, don't laugh too loud, you have being there at some point :p) But the problem is so does my ADAHRS!

Back on the ground and I eventually get back on my feet. What about the ADAHRS? Does it can cause any permanent damage? Can I still trust it for IFR? :confused:

Currently, I'm running a G3X on a Rv-7 and about to instal an Aspen PFD, one to be a backup to each other. Already bought it any way. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Tony

You won't damage anything but I would be looking at your install. Unless you get real crazy, you should not be tumbling the G3X AHRS with an RV7 very often.

My Dynon D10A tumbles easier than my G3X AHRS's (I have a GSU73 and a GSU 25).

Did your system pass all the checks during install and configuration?

Give G3XPERT a ring. They most likely will have some additional advice.

You won't damage anything but I would be looking at your install. Unless you get real crazy, you should not be tumbling the G3X AHRS with an RV7 very often.

My Dynon D10A tumbles easier than my G3X AHRS's (I have a GSU73 and a GSU 25).

Did your system pass all the checks during install and configuration?

Give G3XPERT a ring. They most likely will have some additional advice.

I'm not getting real crazy but not getting it done the best way all the time, if you know what I mean. I'm a beginner ...

I will give them a ring.

Thanks.