dougknight

Well Known Member
I spent the last 5 years building my RV-9A slow build and just did first flight 3/15/07. I have 6.6 hours on it as of 4/19/07 when I recieve this Airworthyness Directive from the FAA telling me the Superior Air Parts, Inc Mellinium cylinders I had Aerosport Power put on the Lycoming 0-320 core are good for no longer than 150 hours Total Time in Service before they need to be replaced. Anybody else get this AD?? Is there any recourse in a situation like this??
thanks in advance for any input

doug

dougknight said:
I spent the last 5 years building my RV-9A slow build and just did first flight 3/15/07. I have 6.6 hours on it as of 4/19/07 when I recieve this Airworthyness Directive from the FAA telling me the Superior Air Parts, Inc Mellinium cylinders I had Aerosport Power put on the Lycoming 0-320 core are good for no longer than 150 hours Total Time in Service before they need to be replaced. Anybody else get this AD?? Is there any recourse in a situation like this??
thanks in advance for any input

doug
Did you run through their website on your S/N cylinders to make sure the AD applies to yours? We dodged the bullet on our OH'ed engine by about a month in the production run.