Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
Anyone have or know where to get some actual-sized images of avionics, specifically, Garmin (430 or 530, comm panels, xpdr, etc.)? I know I can go their site and download images, then spend time resizing them, etc., but what a pain. I didn't see anywhere on their site that they have *actual* sized images that one could just print out and tape on a panel mock-up (like Dynon or Aveo)...too bad.

Anyway, I can hassle with resizing if there's no easy solution, just hoping somebody might know of one (yes, I know about epanelbuilder :) but don't need to spend any $ just *yet* for full-up layout...just mucking about at the moment).

TIA,

Steve

I can send you some . . . . .

. . . . . if you like. I have a couple of .pdf files with full size, straight-on images of the SL-30, SL-40, GTX-327, MGL VHF-10, GNS-430W, GMA-240 and a couple images of the G3X. PM me your E-mail address if you're interested.

It is super easy to print any image to a particular size with image software that allows you to specify the size to print. Just plug the numbers in and print.

Good luck finding everything you need in a true to scale format. Converting is harder than just doing it the easy way. There are some PDF's out there that are at the correct scale but doublecheck them to be sure and do not change the scale when you print them.

Most image formats are not to scale since the user/hardware controls the variables like # of pixels or dots/inch.

What you want is a high resolution image cropped so nothing but the bezel is visible (ie no border) printed to a fixed size that matches what the manufacturer says it should.

If the image is too low on resolution, it will be a poor image.

Last edited:
A large collection...

...of straight on images - including older and more obscure avionics - is here --

http://www.seaerospace.com/

Copy the pictures and print in MSpaint if you have a PC.... set is to "whole page" and adjust the margins to get the desired size.
Most of the pictures from the above source have no margins/borders, and will print close enough for planning use.
They also have a reasonable resolution.

An example is here --

gps400.jpg

E-Panel Builder (which has moved) has a fairly extensive group of scale graphics.

I'm sure you could "build your panel" then print it at whatever zoom level you need to get it right.