Rob H

Well Known Member
I'm nearly finished with my tailcone kit. I'm planning on buying the Garmin G3X and it has the option of an action camera that can be installed in the rear tie down hook. I'm wondering if anyone has installed the coax cable and if I should run the cable before I close up the tailcone. I called Vans support and the gentleman wasn't sure and asked if I could email support instead. His thought was that I may need to contact Garmin. I don't want to buy the avionics until it's time to install.

It's certainly easier to do before you close it up, but not absolutely necessary on the 10. It is big enough to crawl back in there after it is finished. Unless you are already running your wires for the tail light/strobe, trim motors, and VOR antenna (if applicable), then I would go ahead and run the coax as well.

Vic

Thanks for your reply, Vic. Does the cable, outlet, and installation instructions come from Van's or Garmin? By the way, I put in an email request to Van's and I should get a response next week. Thanks again.