ExtraKatana

Well Known Member
Curious if anyone has ordered these through Vans lately. I understand the green outer-liner is an ACS cable. Looking for a 55” with just the 10/32 threads on the end. Yes, I did see where the web store mentioned allow two weeks. Today’s Shipping world that could mean 2 months. Wondering if I should just go to Mcfarlane.

Last edited:
I would really recommend getting a McFarlane cable. They are beautifully smooth, and will last the life of your airplane. Many of us have had to change out the green cables after 400--500 hrs. It is an unpleasant job that I now expect I will never have to do again.

They are pricey, $300+, but worth it.

throttle cable

I recently ordered a throttle cable from Vans. I asked for it to be shipped via flat rate usps and it got here in 2 days. Works perfect.

ACS?

Was it the green cased ACS cable? That is really encouraging. I was envisioning a couple of months. The person that originally sent confirmation of receipt of my order, which I placed six days ago… Said on Friday, they would have to look through 700 orders to see where mine was in the process. In stock? Out of stock? Leadtime? Not a clue of any. I didn’t envision such antiquated systems since recommendation is to use the “on-line store.”

Last edited:
throttle cable

I got it from vans. Called to place order Requested priority usps. Was in stock and in shipping that afternoon. Couldn't have been better