RobinHou

Well Known Member
I brought into a Pazmany PL-1 partnership so I can have fun while building my RV-7A. There; this is my RV related content for this post. :rolleyes:

PL-1's are designed for aerobatic, but this Pazmany's operating limitations state "9. Acrobatic flight is permitted/prohibited" with the word "permitted" typed over with X's. It went on to say "Only those acrobatics/maneuvers which have been satisfactorily executed during the flight test period and documented in the aircraft log are permitted after leaving the assigned test area."

I am wondering if that means we need to put this Pazmany back into phase 1 test flights to lift the "acrobatic flight is prohibited" limitation?

If so, what is the procedure to put it back into phase 1, and for how many hours?

Thanks in advance.

Robin Hou

Robin Hou

Last edited:
Robin, You can not lift this limitation yourself.
You can have the operating limitations amended to include aerobatics. The FSDO or any DAR with function codes 33 and 46 can issue an amended airworthiness certificate and operating limitations for your aircraft.
The inspector would probably want to inspect the aircraft to make sure that there is not some reason that aerobatics were initially prohibited.

And...

In addition, (Mel please correct me if I'm wrong, yet again) after getting the op lims amended, you will have to go back in to Phase One, and perform and document all the aerobatic maneuvers you wish to do, and make an entry in your maintenance log. All the while complying with your op limits.

Yep!

In addition, (Mel please correct me if I'm wrong, yet again) after getting the op lims amended, you will have to go back in to Phase One, and perform and document all the aerobatic maneuvers you wish to do, and make an entry in your maintenance log. All the while complying with your op limits.

Exactly right.

Again, Check you operating limitations. Usually there is a 5 hour minimum. That should be plenty of time.