joew

Well Known Member
Education is taking place for me today. I was installing my SD20 stby alternator, it would not fit due to a 3” extension on my 90 degree oil filter adapter sold to me from Titan. Some of the great folks on the site suggested I remove the extension and just use the adapter. It looks like it would work fine.

Measured the bolts from the oil filter assy- they appear to be AN4, but wait- the treads are coarse. I reviewed the Lycoming parts manua and found two separate bolts that may be used. Both 1/4-20 x .075 or 1.0 coarse thread. One was a LW-25-.075 the other was a STD 1856 screw. Ugh.

Which do I choose? Would a 1/4-20 engine bolt from Spruce suffice? I removed a bolt from the assy, so I’d like to replace with the same. Does it need to be a Lycoming part, though the engine is a Titan. I couldn’t access Titans part manual without a login.

My engine is a IOX-360-J4D1T8

You can use the engine bolts from Aircraft Spruce (MS20074-04, 1/4-20) at the appropriate grip length for your application. Consider AS a reputable source.

Alternatively, the Lycoming STD1856 or STD1874 (different lengths) works but less selection and higher price.

Check your PMs.

Last edited:
Superios STD1215 bolt, 1/4-20 by 1-1/4 inches long.
Part# 07-00001
MFR Model# SL-STD-1215

Good luck