acpilot

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm trying to figure out how to fill out the accepting or rejecting ballot form that I received in the mail. I currently have no kits on order and just paid for and received my fuselage kit, however, I do have a few back ordered parts (wheels and brakes). I am definitely in favour of the plan as I want Vans to succeed. I guess I'm not sure if the ballot is required by myself. Any clarification would be great. Thank you

Last edited:
I accepted the ballot - because the alternative is NOT good - Chapter 7 and pain.... since I/we have airplanes that I/we want to buy parts for accepting the ballot is in my (our) best interest.

If I have interpreted this incorrectly someone please fix me...

I accepted the ballot - because the alternative is NOT good - Chapter 7 and pain.... since I/we have airplanes that I/we want to buy parts for accepting the ballot is in my (our) best interest.

If I have interpreted this incorrectly someone please fix me...
There is no way that Van would allow this case to be converted to Chapter 7. That would open the door to some third party outbidding him and owning the company with his name on it. He would have to dismiss or file for a new restructuring plan. I’m rejecting the plan because he chose to spend money on capital improvements and limiting the payback to 55% over three years, when he could have provided for 5 years and a higher percentage.

Capital Improvements need to be made (an ERP system that isn't a spreadsheet to drive efficiency). Getting 55% back in a bankruptcy is GOOD.... to each their own....

Capital Improvements need to be made (an ERP system that isn't a spreadsheet to drive efficiency). Getting 55% back in a bankruptcy is GOOD.... to each their own....
Understood. But the plan doesn’t NEED to be just over 3 years, and in theory Van can loan his own company more money to make those capital improvements since it’s going to benefit Van as 100% shareholder after all of the plan payments are made. In effect the unsecured creditors are lending Van the money to make those improvements and only getting paid back $0.55 of every dollar they lent to him.

I'm trying to figure out how to fill out the accepting or rejecting ballot form that I received in the mail. I currently have no kits on order and just paid for and received my fuselage kit, however, I do have a few back ordered parts (wheels and brakes). I am definitely in favour of the plan as I want Vans to succeed. I guess I'm not sure if the ballot is required by myself. Any clarification would be great. Thank you
Do you have a claim against Van's? If not, you don't get a vote.

I reconfirmed my order and have since received my kit so I don't think I have a valid claim. Nevertheless, I voted to accept based on the information in the exhibit. I'll leave it up to the trustee to use the vote or not. I forgot to attend law skool.

I reconfirmed my order and have since received my kit so I don't think I have a valid claim. Nevertheless, I voted to accept based on the information in the exhibit. I'll leave it up to the trustee to use the vote or not. I forgot to attend law skool.
The problem is that they have no idea it's from you as your name is nowhere on the submitted ballot. For that matter, anyone opposed to the plan could easily send in 10000 NO votes. This likely won't be a problem, but nobody can guarantee that.

The problem is that they have no idea it's from you as your name is nowhere on the submitted ballot. For that matter, anyone opposed to the plan could easily send in 10000 NO votes. This likely won't be a problem, but nobody can guarantee that.
Ummmm...in another thread, someone posted a pic of the ballot and right there at the bottom are lines for signature, name and address.

Understood. But the plan doesn’t NEED to be just over 3 years, and in theory Van can loan his own company more money to make those capital improvements since it’s going to benefit Van as 100% shareholder after all of the plan payments are made. In effect the unsecured creditors are lending Van the money to make those improvements and only getting paid back $0.55 of every dollar they lent to him.
if you watch the video. $0.55 is the minimum and there predicting that the amount paid back could be much higher. they wont have a final number till the plan is approved and the funds start getting allocated.

if you watch the video. $0.55 is the minimum and there predicting that the amount paid back could be much higher. they wont have a final number till the plan is approved and the funds start getting allocated.
The 55% is also after the $3k ish priority claim you can file if it’s a personal claim (a non-company claiming).
So anyone with a claim for a single kit deposit gets everything back (100%). Someone with $10k as a claim gets $3k ish + 55% of the rest so overall around 70%.
I think priority claims (I.e. the ~$3k) were mentioned during the video as well.

The paybacks are also derived from future profits, that means Vans must be profitable to pay back anything. Capital investments sound like they lower the payout at first glance but we all know how much it an organizational mess Vans has become through the rapid growth. Without the capital investments into better management systems it’s likely there would be less profits meaning less payback.
It’s one of these “you gotta spend money to make money” situations.

-Lars

The 55% is also after the $3k ish priority claim you can file if it’s a personal claim (a non-company claiming).
So anyone with a claim for a single kit deposit gets everything back (100%). Someone with $10k as a claim gets $3k ish + 55% of the rest so overall around 70%.
I think priority claims (I.e. the ~$3k) were mentioned during the video as well.

The paybacks are also derived from future profits, that means Vans must be profitable to pay back anything. Capital investments sound like they lower the payout at first glance but we all know how much it an organizational mess Vans has become through the rapid growth. Without the capital investments into better management systems it’s likely there would be less profits meaning less payback.
It’s one of these “you gotta spend money to make money” situations.

-Lars
yes, thank you for adding that info. totally forgot to mention that fact.