GJHeck

I'm looking for the best resource of info for Brake lines and fittings, Fuel lines and fittings, Pitot/Static lines and fittings.

What I'm looking for is applications for each. How to use each fittings? Do you need inserts for the fitting you're using? When is a lube or sealant jell required for sealant?

I have a pretty good idea for each of these but I would like a written practice of what is required. There are a lot of opinions out there and I would like something I can refer to for each.

Looking at the EAA sport magazine last month I read a article which points towards FAA Pub 43.13-1a & 43.13-1b which is for acceptable methods, techniques and practices. Does anyone have this pub and is it a good resource?

Thanks for your input!:)

Greg

Looking at the EAA sport magazine last month I read a article which points towards FAA Pub 43.13-1a & 43.13-1b which is for acceptable methods, techniques and practices. Does anyone have this pub and is it a good resource?

Doesn't EVERYONE?! I have had a copy since I was a teenager, and since it is free (as Gary links to above), I consider it to be a mandatory "first place to go" for exactly the kind of thing you're looking for.

Paul

For Pitot/Static fitting, I recommend fittings made by Parker (search for part # PN4TU4) They are super easy to use and my testing show they seal really great. I have put negative 25 PSI pressure in them and has not leaked at all.