java

Well Known Member
Well, after lurking for months, innumerable hours spent surfing when I could have been building :( , I've decided to take the plunge. I will be ordering a 7QB within the next week.

The $60k intro flight isn't really required to seal the deal, but if there is anyone in the Toronto area that would be interested in providing a motivator flight, I'd be grateful (never flown in an RV). Likewise, if there are builders around here looking to share ideas/tools/encouragement, let me know.

I'm planning on building my emp with assistance (with The Kitplane Builders in Mississauga... if anyone has feedback please let me know), and then QB wings and fuse in the "aircraft manufacturing facility" attached to my house that heretofore has only been used for parking cars and general storage.

I've no sheetmetal experience (save an impromptu and introductory riveting exercise when visiting KPB last weekend), no tailwheel time, and don't really understand how electrons work, so this will be a journey. It will be a coupla months before I'm set up and ready to go, and you'll know it when the questions start flooding in. I've lurked enough to know that there are some great folks here that are willing to help out (and long enough to know how to use the search function... don't worry), so I look forward to the experience.

Hi everyone! :D

Jase
You are fortunate as there is a active RV group at the Brampton airport. Take a drive out this weekend and see what is going on. One very expienced builder to look for is Charlie Douma. He is a real gentleman and will get you pointed in the right direction.

St.Thomas, Ontario