RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be going to Aberdeen SD this summer and was wondering if there are any RVer's in the area. I checked the White Pages but none listed in Aberdeen. I'm sure not everyone is registered though.

Thanks in advance,

Check with the EAA for a Chapter

I stopped in there as part of a cross country race in 2002 (Fargo-St. Cloud-Thunder Bay-Warroad-Aberdeen-Spearfish-Garrison-Fargo). It had a nice airport and FBO. They supported the race which speaks volumes about aviation attitude. At Spearfish the local EAA chapter provided a hangar dinner and musical entertainment. Aviation seems highly regarded in the wide open spaces of the north country. It would surprise me if you can't walk into the FBO at Aberdeen and find your way into the local RV scene but another approach would be to look through the EAA for a Chapter in the area - maybe even attend a monthly meeting. You should consider visiting Fargo while you are there in the area - they have a very good museum there and some really strong supporters of the University of North Dakota aviation program. The museum is the one that has the flying race # 57 Corsair in their collection. I talked to a couple of retired Generals from there that were flying in the race. One of them had flown everything the old Air Defense Command ever operated and more, P-51, F-94, F-101, etc. I asked him what his favorite plane was. He though for a little bit and said I think the last one I flew is always the best one. He and his fellow retired General flew a new Cessna 172 in the race (it was a handicapped race) and all of the comments I heard them make were semi-private and sincerely appreciative of the plane and its features.

Bob Axsom