Hornet2008

Well Known Member
I'm stumped to find AA6 0.063 3/4 x 3/4 anywhere in the kit except in the long spar box. There are 2 x 12' lengths. The plans call for this angle on bulkhead F-705 and looking at other builder's sites they say this AA should be in sub kit # 18 or # 19 with other components of this bulkhead. Are the 12' lengths fair game or are they reserved for a particular purpose?:confused:

On the RV7 (similar fuselage), if memory serves, all the 1/16" thick angle was fair game. Use as needed. The longeron angles (1/8" thick) were the ones to hold dear and not cut.

Yes, you will have several long pieces of the aluminum angle that come in the wing kit. The two really long sections are for the longerons of the fuselage, but the remaining pieces can be cut and used for the fuselage parts. I think the seat backs were the biggest use of that material.
I went through the same question in my mind when I got to that point in the build. I had stashed the pieces up and out of the way on top of some cabinets in the garage and had totally forgotten them. Took me a while to find them, and then determine that they weren't supposed to be used for anything else.