prkaye

Well Known Member
I need to cut two pieces of AA6-063x3/4x3/4 angle for my 728B and 729B angles. these are about 2 feet and about 3 feet respectively. The only pieces of AA6-063x3/4x3/4 that i have that are long enough are two 12 foot sections that came in my wing kit. Is it OK to cut these up, or will i need the full 12-foot lengths later for something else?

12 foot sections OK to cut

You can cut from those 12 foot sections. I don't remember having to make any pieces longer than 3 feet or so (other than the longerons).

Last edited:
Make sure you cut all your longerons first and set them aside. Then you may use what is left. Please jump foward from whatever you are working on and get those longerons.

Stop...

:eek:Don't cut the 12' sections from your wing kit! They are your longerons that you will be using on your fuse. Vans ships them that way due to their length as that they fit in nicely with the wing spars. It later saves on shipping with your fuse kit. Shipping a new set of 12' angles is very costly. Call Vans for more info.....

Longerons are 173 7/16 inches long

Phil,

You have two long angles that are around 15 feet long that you will use for the longerons. Make sure you have these before you cut any other long angle stock.

I did my longerons recently and have two long 12 foot pieces left that I haven't cut yet. I believe these will be cut up making the stiffners in the cockpit area for the plane. I just now riveted the aft tailcone together last night and am currently working on drawing 22 (the seat rib subassembly).

By you questions of late, it sounds like you might be ahead of me on your build.

Correction/Update...

Your longerons are going to be about 173" and are .125 thick, so go ahead and use the .063 material. I'm guessing that you have already set your longerons aside...

Your longerons are going to be about 173" and are .125 thick, so go ahead and use the .063 material. I'm guessing that you have already set your longerons aside...

My 8 has 4 .063" aux. longerons, in addition to the two .125". I would think that the 9's would have some too.