Brantel

Well Known Member
I just noticed what I think is a crappy thing about the A210 that I have never noticed before or heard anyone mention....

When dual watch mode is active, the radio will not transmit on the first press of the PTT button :mad: Instead it cancels Dual Watch and sits there. I must press the PTT again to get it to transmit.

I have heard that it would cancel Dual Watch mode on transmit but I had no idea that it took two presses of the PTT to get it to transmit?????

Anyone else's do this or am I just lucky? :confused:

I knew there was something like that; or at least I had to wait for a short delay. Can't exactly remember, as my Garmin SL-40 is the #1 comm these days.

They way I look at it, is..................you pay less than a Garmin & get a bit less features. Still a good radio for the bucks, though..

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Brian,

Mine does the exact same thing in the dual watch mode. I think it sucks too...

I asked the Icom guys at Oshkosh if that was 'normal', and they looked at me like I was crazy. They said no one had complained about that before...

Tom

Thanks guys.

I was going to replace my A200 but that is one of those little things that would drive me crazy.

It looks like I'll just wait for another fix.

I thought it was my mike key sticking sometimes.
Ok, another round of tech support upgrade requests to Icom?

Yep it is confirmed that this is just the way it is, here is the reply from ICOM tech support:

"Brian,

You are correct, this is how the radio functions. This feature of the A210 is being discussed, as tech support stand point its out of our hands.

Carl Shearer
Technical Support
ICOM America, Inc.
2380 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

(425) 450-6087

NOTE: Mention of a third party product or service does not imply an endorsement by or quality assurance from Icom America, Inc."

Everyone that can and will, please go here and fire off some request for fixes on this radio. I trust they will fix them if enough people ask. This could be one awesome radio if they just fix these few things....

I thought it was my mike key sticking sometimes.
Ok, another round of tech support upgrade requests to Icom?

Yep please do!

They way I look at it, is..................you pay less than a Garmin & get a bit less features. Still a good radio for the bucks, though..
L.Adamson --- RV6A

I am sure they will fix these annoyances if enough people ask. If they do, this will be one fine radio in my opinion....

Yep please do!

I am sure they will fix these annoyances if enough people ask. If they do, this will be one fine radio in my opinion....

But then I just hate taking things out of the panel, boxing & shipping them away. Just had to do that with the Garmin SL-40 for a frequency problem recall. I'll probably just click the mic key twice... :)

L.Adamson --- RV6A

<snip>
I have heard that it would cancel Dual Watch mode on transmit but I had no idea that it took two presses of the PTT to get it to transmit?????

Anyone else's do this or am I just lucky? :confused:

I thought I had a problem with my PTT switch. I didn't associate it with the dual watch; will have to check tomorrow to make sure.

This could be a really nice radio if they just get everything working. Looks like they didn't do much Beta Testing. Not a good idea for these very reasons.

Official inflight test result.....

Performed an inflight test today, on the way to YellowStone Park............aren't flying RV's great!!!! :D

Yes, the A210 needs a double click, and the Garmin SL-40 only one...

L.Adamson --- RV6A