Ron B.

Well Known Member
We had missed wiring the 696 to our A210. Today we did run a wire. I did manage to configure the 696 for sendind out to the VHF. But the A210 manual says to push the RCL button and turn the O-dial and locate the GPS mode. I only find GRP, memory and weather I think, not anything saying GPS. It also indicates that GPS should show in the small screen where the channel is desplayed. What Am I missing?
Thanks Ron

I'm trying to accomplish all this in the hangar. Do I have to be in the air and in close proximity to the airport I'm trying to contact ?
Thanks Ron

I think the "GPS" text will only display when it detects a signal stream from the GPS. Check that you have a good connection, and that you are sending the correct data format. I don't have my A210 or Garmin Aera manuals handy, but I think you need to set the GPS for "NMEA+VHF" output or something like that. I don't recall having to turn any special features on in the radio, it "just worked."

Note that the GPS may only send the VHF info at certain times... It may need the GPS signal to be active and/or you may need to select an airport before the data will go out the wire.