jimevison

I have an Icom A210 connected to a GNS430. (Specifically, A210 Molex pin 2 is wired to Rs232 Tx P4001 pin 58.)

When I press RCL on the radio and turn the outer knob, I scroll through Weather, Memory etc, but GPS is not included as an option. I assume this is because it is not receiving valid data on the Rs 232 link. I have the serial output on the GNS set to 'Avionics'. Is this format compatible with the NMEA 0183 requirement for the radio? The firmware on the A210 is 1.53 which should provide this capability. Could the Baud rate be the problem? The A210 manual doesn't specify one.

I'd appreciate input on what else might be wrong here.

Jim

Jim,
The certified devices do not send out frequencies to radios. As far as I know, only the Garmin portables have this data output (which is called VHF+NMEA).

--Ian

I have an Icom A210 connected to a GNS430. (Specifically, A210 Molex pin 2 is wired to Rs232 Tx P4001 pin 58.)

When I press RCL on the radio and turn the outer knob, I scroll through Weather, Memory etc, but GPS is not included as an option. I assume this is because it is not receiving valid data on the Rs 232 link. I have the serial output on the GNS set to 'Avionics'. Is this format compatible with the NMEA 0183 requirement for the radio? The firmware on the A210 is 1.53 which should provide this capability. Could the Baud rate be the problem? The A210 manual doesn't specify one.

I'd appreciate input on what else might be wrong here.

Jim

Like Ian stated, the GNS series does not output NMEA data...

A210

OK, I'd made a note a couple of years ago that the GNS430 was compatible for this function. Thanks Ian and Brantel for resolving this so fast.

Jim