Blain

Well Known Member
I've read through other threads with similar issues but without resolution.

I can't seem to get all the settings correct to utilize the intercom feature. When the setting for Comm are set the intercom won't break squelch. If I lower squelch level the mic opens in high noise conditions, which is most of the flight in my -8. On the ground I can get it to work but not after setting it for the high noise environment of flight.

I seem to be chasing from squelch, mic gain, sidetone, feedback, etc.

Not interested in a stand alone intercom, but if I cant get this dialed in a GTR might be the answer.

Do you have mic muffs installed on your headset(s)? RVs are way more noisy than most aircraft, due to straight exhausts. I was unable to use a Halo type headset in mine because it didn't have mic noise filtering. Switched to a Bose A20 and all is well.

I used Mic muffs but was never able to get the A210 intercom to work without breaking Sq often. I may have given up to early on the settings ie mic gain Sq and so forth but my RV9 cabin seems to be to noisy for it to function properly. I went to a portable ISOCOM III with vox and auto Sq that has worked quite well. I believe its PS Engineering product. Has battery but I Power from 12v bus via plugin .