apkp777

Well Known Member
Of all the RV models, I am pretty sure the RV9 is one of the more rare models. Here in Wisconsin there are 5 or 6 RV9's and I think only about 3 or 4 that are flying.

Ken Klima, Todd Nettinger and Myself and our wifes flew up to Fish Creek Airport in Door County yesterday. We had a great time (until it was time to go and I discovered I had left my master switch on and had to get a jump start, DUH!)

Ken's the far plane, mine center and Todd near. I first flew my plane in June, at 40.1 hours I gave Ken 3 hours transition training and he flew his a couple weeks later. At about 43.1 hours I gave Todd 10 hours transition training and he flew his a couple weeks later. Ken and Todd both have about 75 hours on their plane and I have 108. We all hope to have the planes painted soon.

By the way, if you haven't been to Fish Creek and you are anywhere in the midwest you really need to visit there. It's a really good place to go. The airport is very convenient to the nearby shops and lodging. They have loaner bikes and a van.

2ex6mhi.jpg

oa4svr.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see one of my "graduates" (Ken) is having such a great time with his -9. That's what they are for!!

Me too me too! Door County is well within reach...after I'm out of my 40...;) And I'm unpainted as well! :cool:

Rare pic

Nice picture of the three -9's. Saw Ken's plane at his home more than a year ago and am happy that he's now flying. Glad you discovered 3D2. It's become a very welcoming place thanks to the efforts of Friends of Ephraim-Gibraltar Airport. Door County's a super place with lots to see and do, fun shopping and excellent food, all easily accessible with a rental car. Hope to run across you one day at the airport!

Triple 9 squadron

...I think 3 qualifies as a squadron, right?
...ummm, a flight?
...gaggle?

somebody , anybody???

anyhow, at risk of ATC confusing them with a deHavilland commuter turbprop....
nice 'dash-nines'....or you could call them a 6-place RV-27, right?

whew!

Yes, we should be known as the "gray cowl brigade". Or the "blah, blah black sheep" (of the RV family).

Here's the picture that I am going to post on my canopy latch to remind me to turn off my master switch.

1w8es.jpg

Nice picture. I'm glad to see all those RV-9s.

If we let Pink cowls into our merry band, where will it end, RV12s?
Or worse, Cessnas. :eek: At least you could outrun them. You might not be able to outrun Stephen. There is a lot of power under that pink cowl.;)

Nice picture. I'm glad to see all those RV-9s.

Or worse, Cessnas. :eek: At least you could outrun them. You might not be able to outrun Stephen. There is a lot of power under that pink cowl.;)

Hey DJ! Good to hear from you. How's the project coming? Yep, Stephan got some serious ponies under the pink cowl.

My girlfriend's mom lives on North Lake, near Hartland. Maybe next sumer I'll fly my RV-9 out and you guys can see a painted RV-9. :D

count me in, soon!

our nine, reserved N number 261RM ought to be able to fit into this lineup in the next few months or so. it ought to look about like these lovelies except with some red trim in honor of 466th Bomb Group (Heavy), US Eighth Air Force. my dad , Joe Olandese, flew with that outfit in WWII and i hope he will get a kick out of seeing that trim even tho it's not an oval B-24 vertical stabilizer.