ao.frog

Well Known Member
I live in Norway and am building a RV-7. I've just hung the engine and started the installation. :)

I need a throttle/mix bracket for my engine: an IO-360-B1AD2 Superiour engine built up to XTREEM 360 specs by Eagle Engines.
It has the Silver Hawk EX Fuel Injection System and a Ryton Composite sump.
The sump will be replaced this fall when Superior comes out with a new sump. They say that all screwholes etc will be the same on the new sump as the Ryton sump.

I've tried Eagle, but they didn't know where to find a bracket and told me to contact Precision Air. They didn't know and told me to contact Eagle.... so the circle is complete...

Now I'm wondering how others have solved this? Others who have the Ryton sump, the Silver Hawk Injection and a Superior IO-360?
Do I have to make my own or can I buy a bracket somewhere?

Gus at Vans has been very helpful (as always) and has suggested that I buy the thr/mix bracket from them and use what I can and fabricate the rest.
If that's the only way, then that's what I'll do, but does anybody out there have a easier sollution?

My last hope is these pages folks... can anyone help??

Regards Alf Olav Frog / Norway

Superior throttle bracket

Alf Olav,

I have the XP-IO360-B1AA2, same sump and injection system.

Van's sell a bracket for the M1B which reverses the direction and connects to the mixture on the horizontal injection servo. This is a straight or at least very close to, fit.

The throttle bracket you have to make yourself. I'm just at that stage myself so can't help too much but there are photos and info on the yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/XP-360Forum. You may have to sign up to see the posts and photos.

I have some photos of the mixture bracket on my site www.iansrv6.co.uk and a few other photos of the engine install.

By the way, you'll notice I live not too far away in Scotland, I work offshore Norway and crew change out of Br?nn?ysund just now, I travel through Bergen and Trondheim every month. Where in Norway are you?

Good luck, might see you at a fly-in one day.

Found pics'n specs!

Hi again.

Thank you very much Ian! Those pics will help alot, and I'll go you route.

Also just wanted to tell you all that I've found great pics of the thr bracket too.
I posted a note on the Yahoo XP-360 Forum, and pics for a great homemade bracket there now, with specs and all.

So if anyone need to fabricate a thr bracket for their XP-360, you might want to have a look.

It's SO nice to have the forums like VAF, Yahoo and Matronics! What a GREAT help! Specially for us up here, way outside "the action". There is seldom a RV-builder nearby with the same plane and setup as yourself...

Regards Alf Olav Frog / Norway

Last edited: