pczar3

Well Known Member
Patron
First a little background. I am building a glacial speed build of a -6A. When I started on this journey, about 1997, I bought an assembled, non-prepunched tail. When Vans changed to the .020 skins I built two new elevators and set them aside. Next life happened and the project was rarely worked on. During that time I got the wings and fuselage built. Now I have a little more time and have been cranking up the hours. I want this bird done when I retire.
Any way, I went to hang the prepunched elevators on the non-pp horizontal stab. Nothing but trouble. I saw a couple of Walt's posts and sent off an email. Walt came through with the answers and I was smiling from ear to ear, until I torqued the elevator rod-end bolts. No, drifting elevators, the stayed where I put them. :( Once again I was bummed out until I thought of the obvious. Those rod ends were sitting around for a LONG time. A few well placed drops of oil and all was well again. Funny how the obvious escapes us sometimes. In any case a big Thanks to Walt for his help. One step closer to getting it in the air.

Paul

Nice

Thanks for the info Bevan. I'm often surprised by what they have. Sometimes when I search their site I just don't find some of the unusual stuff. Guess this is going in with my next order!
Thanks again,

Paul