Bdalporto

I called Clint at Vettermans a few weeks ago and ordered an exhaust system. He said it would be 3-4 weeks. I needed it for my preps for the Hayward Air Rally So I asked for it ASAP 2 weeks later here it is, boy am I happy. Great service is such a joy. Thanks Clint

Brian

Hmmm, I ordered an exhaust system many weeks ago and wondered why it was taking so long...squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess.

I just ordered the crossover system for the Superior Cold Air Sump for my RV-8. I think this comes with the standard 1-3/4" primary pipes.
I noticed on the Vetterman webpage that the 1-1/2" primary pipe version of the standard updraft crossover system generates more power in all phases of operation except top RPM and full manifold pressure. I have a fixed pitch prop, so that's a condition I'll never see. When I get up to the cruise altitudes where the RPM might get up near 2700, the manifold pressure will be less, so the 1-1/2" Primary pipe version would be my preference.
I'd better give him a call and see if it's possible or desirable.
Prolly take longer....

That's the one I have Scott. 1.5" crossover with integral mufflers. But then I don't have a cold air sump. Just a normal updraft carb. Clint can tell you what will work.