lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
Every time I fly I wonder where I live and all the things that I can see flying in so little time.

Saturday morning was a great sky-clear day, so I invited my longtime bride for a scenic flight.

I would like to try the new toy, a GoPro 3 Camera that's mounted with a clamp in the pilot seat back support and Katia switched it on during take off.

I move the throttle forward at 10:30 in the morning, wind calm, 52 F°, rwy 36. Our airport, LIDT, is @ 600 ft. MSL. Our VAF hats, as a rule, were ON.

katia_photo00.jpg

Take-off, climbing to south inbound to Mount Stivo that is a nice place for ski mountaineering and it's only 45 minuts from home with car. We were there in 5' with our RV-8.

katia_photo02.jpg

After a turn to the right we headed to the Lake's Valley; in the background the Lake of Garda north shore famous for windsurfing and mountain bike. Yes it's 40 mins driving from home.

katia_photo01.jpg

In a blink of an eye flying north-west direction we arrived into the Brenta Dolomites Group, we do a lot of activities there (climbing, trekking, snowboarding, mountain ski) and from home we have to drive an hour and half to be in the middle of that mountain. We were in-flight from 16 minuts looking down @ 9.000 ft., OAT 30 F°.

katia_photo03.jpg

katia_photo04.jpg

Talking and remembering all the climbing experience we did together in that cliffs, we enjoyed the three valleys conjunction and started descending.

katia_photo05.jpg

Katia took the stick for a little familiarization time (she loves flying but she's a little worried about the rv controls sensibility), we headed to the airport @ 4000 ft.

katia_photo06.jpg

I rolled the plane, you know an RV flight without rolling it's like pasta without tomatoes. (ed. Katia's parachute is hidden)

katia_photo07.jpg

Then we descended for the down wind 36, landing is always fun with the taildragger. Now I have 25 mins more on my log time, maybe Italy is too small for an RV ! :)

katia_photo08.jpg

Spring is coming, our annual inspection completed so more flights will be done and more friends will be met.

We all pilots, are fortunate people because we can see the world from another perspective.

Today is the best day…ever !

Last edited:
...and there's no way to measure the "Quality time" you just spent with your wife. RV's really do help marriages. :)

Best,

Gracie

Looks like you have the best of everything... nice plane, nice country, nice partner. Not necessarily in that order

Inspiring

Great Pictures, Luke. Beautiful, awe-inspiring scenery . . . a great motivator for my wife, Pam, and I. We are planning a trip to Italy in a couple of years. Pam is half-Italian (the Lepore family from Melfi, Potenza, Southern Italy). Hopefully, we will be able to travel to Northern Italy to see this awesome landscape! Thanks for posting.

Awesome Luke! I have one of your photo's on my desktop...good inspiration, love those mountains.

Luke, I said it before, and I'll say it again--If I die and come back, I want to live in Italy. Love your country. Especially down by the Amalfi coast.

Well, we can organize that. I would like live in USA, only you have the aviation nation, believe me !

Luke, I said it before, and I'll say it again--If I die and come back, I want to live in Italy. Love your country. Especially down by the Amalfi coast.

Bonjourno Luke, I live in Atlanta, in the southeastern United States. My wife is French, from Paris, not too far from you. You're welcomed to visit Atlanta and stay at our home anytime you like. I'm 70 and a retired airline pilot. Sold my RV 8 a year ago, and have been kicking myself ever since.:mad: Should have another one in the next few weeks or so.:)

Don Oberlander

Hi Luke, I see the flying distance from Trento to Paris, France is about 730 KM.

Across the Alps which I know are about 15000 feet high in that area, and then across Switzerland, and then France. In other words, about 3 hours or well with in the capability of an RV 8. Are you allowed to fly over other European countries like Switzerland and France, or must you fly only in Italy?

Don

Hi Luke, I see the flying distance from Trento to Paris, France is about 730 KM.

Across the Alps which I know are about 15000 feet high in that area, and then across Switzerland, and then France. In other words, about 3 hours or well with in the capability of an RV 8. Are you allowed to fly over other European countries like Switzerland and France, or must you fly only in Italy?

Don

Hi Don, I can fly everywhere in Europe with the regulations known as Joint Aviation Requirements (JARs); despite that we pay about 12 Usd/Gallon for AvGas so... range becoma an economical factor :eek: