Peter M

Hi there

I will be visiting Europe for the first time in September (really looking forward to it). Our trip includes a few days with friends in St Gallen, Switzerland. My lovely wife has agreed to "let me off the leash" while in Switzerland and I'm hoping that I might be able to meet up with an RV flyer and perhaps take a flight to view the Swiss scenery and understand how General Aviation works in your part of the world.

In Wellington, New Zealand I've owned an RV-6 (ZK-VRV) since 2012 and love it to bits. I fly most weekends, am the Secretary of our local Aero Club and am very active within the New Zealand Aero Club movement.

If you live somewhere within an hour or two of St Gallen, are an RV owner and would like to swap stories and experiences with a fellow aviation nut for a few hours I'd love to meet up with you. If we're able to go for a flight I'd be happy to contribute to the costs. I'll be in St Gallen from 11 - 15 September.

Of course ... when YOU get to New Zealand I'll be happy to return the favour!

In an hour or two, you cover whole Switzerland ... by RV speeds :)

Hello Peter

There are a few builders and pilots within this range by car, but if you mean by RV speed, you are already outside of switzerland :D

I'll will ask my RV buddies to contact you!

There are a two (including me, but I'm still building) at Birrfeld LSZF, one at LSZR, two at LSZU ... a few more but further west.

PM me your direct email, maybe phone contact of your stay (friends) here in switzerland.

hi peter,

we have a flying RV-7A at birrfeld (LSZF).
i'm sure i will be able to take you for a little scenic flying ;-)
the only problem is that 11-15 september, i partly work (shift) and have a few days off, where family commitments may come first.
it's a bit early to firm things up. shoot me an email with your contacts to info [at] flyvans [dot] com

regards,
bernie

Bernie

Thanks for making contact. I'll drop you an email in the next day or two with our contact details.

Fly safe ...

Hi there

I will be visiting Europe for the first time in September (really looking forward to it). Our trip includes a few days with friends in St Gallen, Switzerland. My lovely wife has agreed to "let me off the leash" while in Switzerland and I'm hoping that I might be able to meet up with an RV flyer and perhaps take a flight to view the Swiss scenery and understand how General Aviation works in your part of the world.

In Wellington, New Zealand I've owned an RV-6 (ZK-VRV) since 2012 and love it to bits. I fly most weekends, am the Secretary of our local Aero Club and am very active within the New Zealand Aero Club movement.

If you live somewhere within an hour or two of St Gallen, are an RV owner and would like to swap stories and experiences with a fellow aviation nut for a few hours I'd love to meet up with you. If we're able to go for a flight I'd be happy to contribute to the costs. I'll be in St Gallen from 11 - 15 September.

Of course ... when YOU get to New Zealand I'll be happy to return the favour!

I understand from your message that you will not limit your visit to Swiss. Around September there is the LAA Rally in Sywell (UK). Not as big as Oshkosh, but still worth a visit. Also the Sanicole.com (BE) airshow. The biggest on the European main land. There are quite a few RV builders in Europe honestly.

WVM

Thanks for letting me know about the LAA and Sanicole air shows. I'd love to get to them but it's not going to be possible on this trip I'm afraid. We're on coach tours through Italy and only have a few days in Switzerland on this trip.

Cheers