MitchMitchell

I'm New Here
Morning all,

Mitch from AOPA here, I recently got off the phone with DannyKing, we had a moderator heart-to-heart about some of the events and pervading thoughts on our board.

He gave me a good idea to reach out to you all; I'm working on my end to try to help the forum, but I need you all to "meet me halfway" so to speak.

If there is anything out on our forums that seems object, feel free to PM me on there (using the same handle) or using the report button on our forums. This enables us to see what posts (and individuals) are the most egregious.

This does NOT just include Vans, but any aircraft or aviator "type".

I thank you all for your stalwart patience and time. Have a good week!
-Mitch

If there is anything out on our forums that seems object, feel free to PM me on there (using the same handle) or using the report button on our forums. . .
Mitch, I wouldn't know if there would be anything objectionable on the AOPA forum or not. I have not been back on it since I was personally attacked by multiple individuals a few months ago. I am perfectly content to remain here where people are civil to each other and where active moderators maintain that civility. I have no desire to visit the AOPA forums after that fiasco.

It's good to see that the AOPA board mods are making an effort to make theirs a more friendly board. It's regrettable that people have had bad experiences before, but it looks like progress is being made. I applaud all attempts at introducing more civility to the internet. Thank you, Mitch.

Red Board

The Red Board has many good people and a few bad actors. The few always outshine the many with their attacks on anything. I have spent many hours on many forums and I can say with certainty that this forum is by far the best in sticking on topic and squashing trolls and issues. I hope it remains that way. The AOPA forum has a ways to go. But that is not the moderators fault. That blame lies squarely with AOPA management.

Mitch,

Welcome to the VAF forum.

I missed the mess that caused you to post here today.

I would hope the members of this board have thick skins and let such net-bullying just wash off their backs.

As a 25+ year member of AOPA, I have never been on your forum and see no reason to go over there.

My interests are squarely in the E-AB space and while AOPA has helped me in the past, should I have a need to contact AOPA, I will make use of the 800 number.

The reason I am a member of the AOPA is because of their political lobby has helped keep flying my E-AB within my financial reach.

Well, some things that I don't know about, seems it's better that I don't. Don't think I've ever tried the forum at AOPA, didn't even know they had one.

As a long-time Usenet user, I just skip over the flamers. Aside from the difficulty in posting pictures, Usenet is still the best venue for trading information. Oh well, "progress" happens and now we're stuck with a myriad of different forums and their logins and poor tools to peruse the posts.