Hack

I fly with a very nice super lightweight headset (which I cannot think of the name of right off the cuff) that operates with a foam rubber ear piece much like a noise ear piece that you would get if you were to visit a loud factory. You roll them between your fingers and insert them in the ear canal and they expand.
I am however just about at the end of my ability to hear clearly with them due to 32 years of walking around on fighter ramps with little ear protection, so I am headed in next week to get hearing aides. I will take the headset with me, but I was just curious if any of you guys/gals have flown this, or a similar, type of headset and a hearing aid and what your recommendations might be.

Please speak loudly :)
Thanks

A friend's father has an in-the-ear hearing aid with the ability to turn its microphone off and receive transmissions directly via bluetooth. You may look into something like this.

I have an 80 dB high frequency hearing loss in both ears. That is about as loud as a motorcycle, lawn mower or Don Rickles voice. My Siemens aids work great with my Lightspeed Zulu headset. They have blutooth, but I have not tried them that way. They are $4500 the pair, and on average last 5 years. The Lyric aid is totally in the ear canal, but only 50% of people can tolerate them and they cost $300 per month forever($18,000 over 5 years).

My audiologist told me that untreated hearing loss progresses more rapidly, because that part of the brain is given over to other functions when it is not receiving sound signals. I think mine was given over to fantasies about younger women. Now I can hear great, but my fantasy life is kaput.

Jim Berry
RV-10