Flyguytki

Well Known Member
Today was the day the engine was put on the test stand and ran for the first time. Just before it was put into the dyno room, the guys at Superior Snapped a few pictures for me to give me a hint of what I will be coming home to next Saturday. I'm not sure if I want to mount it on the front of the RV or put it in the living room, It turned out exactly as I had hoped and cannot wait to get it get it mounted. The guys and gals at Superior have been the absolute best and have been so generous to allow my family into their shop during assembly to snap a few pictures as well as taking about 50 photos of their own which they just sent to me. Now all I have to do is get on that gray tail and get my butt back home! Afghanistan has been real, It's even been fun, but I wouldn't say its been Real Fun, its time to come home.

photo6-1.jpg

photo7-1.jpg

-david

Building an engine in that room is one of the best memories of my RV-6A build. If only they did IO-540s... Anyway, I'm glad to see Superior is emerging from the hole their parent company put them in. They are an awesome gang.

I say hang it from the ceiling with a nice CS prop and the controls mounted to the armrest of the couch. That will make one sweet fan. Or you could mount it to the front of your other masterpiece and be even better off. Either way it's a great looking piece of work.

Now that is PURTY!! Does it foretell some possible paint color choice on the exterior!?!?

Cheers,
Stein