MrNomad

Well Known Member
My friend Dean Billings has been active in the effort to keep ethanol out of mogas. He writes the following and asks all of us to sign the petition to the EPA concerning this issue.

If you are looking for ethanol free mogas you have probably heard of the web site www.pure-gas.org, which lists locations around the country to find sources. The owner of the site has started a petition to send to EPA administrator Lisa Jackson, who actually has the authority to make sure ethanol free premium unleaded gasoline is available. You can sign the petition and add your comment at:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/keep-pure-gas/

If nothing is done by the EPA or state governments in the next year all gasoline in the U.S. will be E10 because of the unintended consequences of the federal RFS mandate in EISA 2007, which ironically is not a mandatory E10 law, but is having that effect.

I hope you will pass along this message to forums for aviation, boating, antique/classic cars, off road recreation vehicles, motorcycles, portable tools, etc.

Please take a minute and add your voice.

It's more than airplanes....

The problems caused by ethanol affect boat enthusiasts and classic car nuts (like me) so email your boat / car friends and tell them to sign the petition too.

Thanks!!

Just signed it as well, I was 1,096. Thanks for this link. I think they can easily go past 10,000 signatures. People that own boats would probably like to know of this petition too. I know of a boat repair shop at PK who has as much disdain for ethanol as do most pilots.

It also isn't doing our country any good either since it's noted for more using as much energy, if not a little bit more to create it.

But I pity the politican that goes up against the farmers in the Midwest who would dare go up against the farmers. They know a good boondoggle when they have one.

Signed but read terms of service - may get junk mail

DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
Care2 currently provides users with access to a wide array of resources, including, various communications tools, forums, shopping services, personalized content and branded programming through its network of properties (the "Service"). You also understand and agree that the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for Care2 to provide the Service. You also understand and agree that the service may include certain communications from Care2, such as service announcements and administrative messages, and that these communications are considered part of Care2 membership and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them.

DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
Care2 currently provides users with access to a wide array of resources, including, various communications tools, forums, shopping services, personalized content and branded programming through its network of properties (the "Service"). You also understand and agree that the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for Care2 to provide the Service. You also understand and agree that the service may include certain communications from Care2, such as service announcements and administrative messages, and that these communications are considered part of Care2 membership and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them.

Good think i used fake info! :)